[Zope3-dev] Changes to zope3 windows binary installer

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Wed Oct 12 04:56:10 EDT 2005

I posted part of this to zope-dev yesterday
(http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2005-October/025439.html).

Problem is: the latest zope3.1.0final binary release installation is not
working for me the way it should.

The installer just installs zope and exits. A first time user might be
lost from that point on.

I am missing a program group created, with a few batch files (start,
stop, uninstall, zeo, service, ...), links and the usual stuff.

I have read the MakingARelease page
(http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ZopeWindowsRelease) - i am not sure how to
add the program group and the batchfiles, but i could help get it done.

I have put up a page of questions regarding the installation process at
http://zopewiki.org/Zope3OnWindowsInstaller to help writing down some
answers and to create a Howto for windows users.

Your comments are appreciated,
Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m