[Zope3-dev] Performance Testing

Tarek Ziadé tziade at nuxeo.com
Thu Oct 13 07:02:09 EDT 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:

>On Wednesday 12 October 2005 17:53, Nicola Larosa wrote:
>

>>I suggest to extend the approach by adding monitoring of the resident
>>memory occupied by the process, alongside the execution time. Zope 3 is a
>>rather huge beast, doing all the things it does.
>>

>Can this be *reliably* done on all platforms? In other words, is there a
>*reliable* Python package that supports such features? If not, we can stop
>discussing such a feature right now.

I think the only reliable way is to write a new python debugger.

sub part:
For zodb objects, i was wondering if we could somehow size what's beeing
pickled, since it's just a buffer.
we could therefore measure the size of what's beeing serialized in a test.
that's a measure, but i wonder if it can tell something.

Tarek

--
Tarek Ziadé | Nuxeo R&D (Paris, France)
CPS Plateform : http://www.cps-project.org