[Zope3-dev] Performance Testing

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Thu Oct 13 11:49:46 EDT 2005

>> I suggest to extend the approach by adding monitoring of the resident
>> memory occupied by the process, alongside the execution time. Zope 3 is a
>> rather huge beast, doing all the things it does.

> Can this be *reliably* done on all platforms? In other words, is there a
> *reliable* Python package that supports such features? If not, we can stop
> discussing such a feature right now.

No existing Python package that I know of.

Furthermore, I haven't the foggiest idea about measuring used memory
neither on Windows nor on OS/X.

Finally, it looks like it's not that simple getting meaningful numbers even
on Linux:

On measuring memory usage
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1445

Oh, well.

--
Nicola Larosa - nico at tekNico.net

...I sometimes think it would be nice to be a Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson
but like Rome, it's probably a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want
to live there. -- jgoldblog, May 2002