[Zope3-dev] RFC: Content Providers and Viewlets

Stéphane Brunet stbru at teksavvy.com
Mon Oct 17 13:27:37 EDT 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:

>On Monday 17 October 2005 12:21, Gary Poster wrote:
>

>>Similarly to your comments, I'm worried about viewlets getting in
>>Zope 3.2 without addressing the update problem, myself.  Maybe you
>>can simply put an XXX or a warning and be happy with it: not my
>>call. :-)
>>

>No, I will not distribute it unless we are in agreement. I will probably merge
>the work into the trunk though, because I want SchoolTool to use it. ;-)
>
>Regards,
>Stephan

Hi,

I have just read the examples of Content provider and Viewlets and find
them _really_ great, and even easier to understand than the present
implementation of views with METAL macros, while providing unlimited
possibilities. I have a two small questions however :

* If I decide to create a brand new skin, based heavily on content
provider and viewlets, which sounds easier to do than the present way to
do it, how should I provide the "glue" between the components which are
not "content provider-capable" yet ?
* By creating the content provider, I could gather information from
various kinds of object and provide a composite view of them. Is that
right ?

Thanks in advance,

Stéphane