[Zope3-dev] hurry.query in Zope 3.2?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Mon Oct 24 12:01:11 EDT 2005

Hi there,

Would there be any interest in merging hurry.query into Zope 3.2?

What it does:

hurry.query - higher level query system built on top of the Zope 3
               catalog. Some inspiration came from Dieter Maurer's
               AdvancedQuery. See src/hurry/query/query.txt for
               documentation.

Here's the code:

http://codespeak.net/svn/z3/hurry/trunk/src/hurry/query/

And here's a doctest:

http://codespeak.net/svn/z3/hurry/trunk/src/hurry/query/query.txt

Of course, it probably needs a review and adaptations before it's
accepted, and time until the feature freeze in november is short. It
would be a very useful addition to Zope 3's featureset, however. It
exposes features of various indexes that the normal catalog API does not
expose, or if so, only very obscurely. :) Now that I think of it,
exposing the ZCTextIndex properly with the various features involved may
need the most work.

If there's interest, I'd really appreciate volunteers for putting up a
proposal on the wiki and integrating it into the codebase. This way it'd
get a review by that person. If it'd be up to myself I likely won't have
time...

By the way, is zc.catalog up for merging with Zope 3.2, or won't this
happen yet? hurry.query has a dependency on zc.catalog, though I believe
  I succeeded in keeping this optional.

Regards,

Martijn