[Zope3-dev] zope.app.http.put

Michael Kerrin michael.kerrin at openapp.biz
Tue Oct 25 09:18:39 EDT 2005

Hi All,

  There is some code in zope.app.http.put module that I would like to remove
since the code in question seems a bit extreme in my opinion, and its
breaking the twisted integration.

  In the default PUT handler we have the following:

       for name in request:
            if name.startswith('HTTP_CONTENT_'):
                 # Unimplemented content header
                 request.response.setStatus(501)
                 return ''

  Low and behold Twisted actually sets the HTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH variable in the
request and hence we always get a 501 response for a PUT request.

  I can't see the logic to failing a request like this, so is alright for me
to remove this code.

  Thanks

  Michael
--