[Zope3-dev] document management app

Adam Groszer adamg at fw.hu
Thu Oct 27 08:26:44 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm doing these reverse engineerings because I have to create a document
management app with the following basic requirements:
- Document storage
- Version control
- Workflow control
- Basic search and filter
- Basic export function
The focus is currently on the document follow-up.
Important is, that the workflow is user defined, not developer or
designer defined.

As I checked zope.app.versioncontrol and zope.wfmc are my friends.

The versioncontrol module is quite clear.

With wfmc, after checking the source, my current problems are:
- how to keep the process definition persistently in the ZODB?
- as our current app design assigns one workflow for one document, I
  think I can pass this document as the Process.context
- how to connect the conditions of the arbitrary user defined workflow
  to the (almost) static application, I think I'll have to put on the
  UI the possible output parameters somehow

--
Best regards,
 Adam                          mailto:adamg at fw.hu
--
Quote of the day:
The history of the world suggests that without love of God there is little likelihood of a love for man that does not become corrupt.