[Zope3-dev] Fwd: [Z3d] 483/ 1 Request "SCGI support "

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sun Oct 30 19:04:18 EST 2005

Do we want to add this feature to the core or encourage people to provide such
features as add-ons?

Regards,
Stephan

Issue #483 Update (Request) "SCGI support "
 Status Pending, community/feature+solution medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/483

= Request - Entry #1 by boga on Oct 30, 2005 6:39 am

Uploaded:  "zope3scgi.diff.txt"
 - http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/483/zope3scgi.diff.txt/view
SCGI is a fastcgi like protocol. It can be used together with mod_scgi for
easy and speedy apache integration. Since twisted has scgi support not
exposing it would be dumb.
IMHO it has the following advantages to mod_rewrite:

  * simpler
  * allows external authentication (requires a Zope3 RemoteUser authentication
plugin)

Attached a simple patch.

Also see my howto of using a SCGI with a product:
http://www.zope.org/Members/boga/HowTo.2005-10-30.0541/howto_view

Stephan Richter