[Zope3-dev] Re: XML header and TAL interpretor

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico at yahoo.de
Thu Sep 1 09:43:35 EDT 2005

Philipp von Weitershausen schrieb:
> I'm not so sure that this is such a good thing. ZPT seems to enforce
> *guidelines* that not everyone might want to follow (e.g. if I want to
> output my XHTML as c14n or something similar). For me, ZPT's HTML mode
> just does too many things, most of which won't hurt to be the template
> author's responsibility. I definitely consider <br/> vs. <br /> one of them.

You have different use cases, obviously. For me, HTML mode is a good
thing including <br/> to <br /> conversion. (I don't like to write <br
/> all the time, all our web pages are served as text/html for non-XHTML
browsers like MSIE, and we follow the compatibility guidelines from the
XHTML standard).

I agree that it should be possible to trigger XML mode without the
prolog for use cases like yours.

Tonico