[Zope3-dev] Re: XML header and TAL interpretor

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Sep 1 09:53:08 EDT 2005

Tonico Strasser wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen schrieb:
>
>> If we make XML the default mode, I don't see how it would impact IE very
>> much.
>
> IE would try to dowload HTML pages not served as text/html. Pages in XML
> mode should be served as XML not text/html.

I think that last sentence is a bit strong and IMO even plain wrong.
ZPT's mode of operation has nothing to do with how it's served in an
HTTP response. There should be (and are) other means of determining and
setting the content type. Automagic guessing from the mode of operation
won't work when XML mode is the default, that's true. But I think that's
a good thing.

Philipp