[Zope3-dev] Re: XML header and TAL interpretor

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Thu Sep 1 11:40:23 EDT 2005

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Julien Anguenot wrote:
>
>>I got a problem with the standard macros use and the XML header.
>>
>>I've a view defined like the one below :
>>
>><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>>    xmlns:tal="http://xml.zope.org/namespaces/tal"
>>    xmlns:metal="http://xml.zope.org/namespaces/metal"

>>    <!-- content -->
>>
>>And there, I got the following error when Zope's trying to render it :
>>[snip]
>>    (`macroName`, `mode`), self.position)
>>METALError: macro u'context/@@standard_macros/page' has incompatible
>>mode 'html', at line 6, column 3
>>
>>If I remove the xml header the error disappears.
>

> It sucks, don't it?

Has anyone tried removing the macro mode check (in
TALIntepreter.do_userMacro)? What would break?
At least I think it wouldn't be a problem to allow inclusing of a XML macro
in an HTML slot (or maybe the other way round -- I guess one of them works,
as one is always stricter than the other).

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com