[Zope3-dev] Re: XML header and TAL interpretor

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 03:41:20 EDT 2005

Sidnei da Silva wrote:

> That smells to me like we need a mime-type negotiator or something,
> pretty much like we have a language negotiator for deciding which
> language to use for translations.

No really, all this thread seems to have really uncovered so far is that
macros in different ZPT modes are currently reported as incompatible.

Are they really? Should they be?

mime-type negotiation and the like seems like an app level thing, or at
the very least the responsibility of a different component. Page
Templates should be kept as clean and simple as possible, that way
they'll be much mroe generically useful...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk