[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] SVN: Zope3/trunk/src/zope/schema/interfaces.py - add IIterableChoice and note the desire to depricate vocabularies

Benji York benji at zope.com
Sun Sep 4 23:37:41 EDT 2005

Stuart Bishop wrote:
> If this is a way of saying "I'm iterable, but I don't want to tell you how
> long I am"

Right.

> shouldn't an exeption be raised? Otherwise 'for i in range(0,len(source)):
> foo = source[i]' could start blowing up if the source changes.

Of course, that particular spelling would be a strange way to iterate
over the values, and a source from a non-ZODB back-end really should
provide the C in ACID, but point taken. :)

That is the way vocabularies do it, something else might work better.
Now would be the time to talk about it.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer