[Zope3-dev] ZPT modes, content types

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Sep 7 04:21:58 EDT 2005

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 09:08:02AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> | Sidnei appears to be broken :-(
> |
> | Any idea how to reach him?
>
> Odd. I've been receiving email normally.

Yeah, but I've seen this before. The enfold mail server is configured to
receive TLS mail but doesn't have a certificate installed, so it barfs:

>   sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
>     SMTP error from remote mailer after STARTTLS: host mail.enfoldsystems.com [66.139.78.159]:
>     454 TLS missing certificate: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory (#4.3.0):
>     retry timeout exceeded

You may wish to fix this ;-)

> | Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> | >
> | > That smells to me like we need a mime-type negotiator or something,
> | > pretty much like we have a language negotiator for deciding which
> | > language to use for translations.
> |
> | No really, all this thread seems to have really uncovered so far is that
> | macros in different ZPT modes are currently reported as incompatible.
>
> Correct, but the mime-type issue is a real issue too.

Absolutely, although if ZPT has anything to do with that at all, the
content_type field should be split in two..

> | Are they really? Should they be?
> |
> | mime-type negotiation and the like seems like an app level thing, or at
> | the very least the responsibility of a different component. Page
> | Templates should be kept as clean and simple as possible, that way
> | they'll be much mroe generically useful...
>
> Yes, it's an app-level thing. I've never said in my email that it
> should be at the page template level.

Ah, good, so we're in agreement ;-)

In any case, no-one has yet commented on why ZPT modes are incompatible,
or if they did, I missed it. Can someone give me a pointer?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk