[Zope3-dev] defaultView cannot take class as for

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Wed Sep 7 13:43:33 EDT 2005

Hi there,

While the browser:page directive can take a content class for its 'for'
attribute (instead of an interface), the browser:defaultView directive
doesn't accept this. I tried changing the interface of the defaultView
directive so it also accepts classes, but that by itself does not appear
to make it work. This somewhat limits the utility of the ability to pass
in classes instead of interfaces to the page directive; the point is to
have a shortcut so an interface doesn't always need to be defined.

Before I dig deeper, I'd first like to know whether this would indeed be
considered to be bug? If so, should I check this into trunk or also the
Zope 3.1?

Regards,

Martijn