[Zope3-dev] hurry extension library for Zope 3.1 put online

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Sep 9 12:43:36 EDT 2005

Hey Z3ECMers,

I've just put the 'hurry' extension library for Zope 3.1 in the Zope 3
base. For commentary on what it's all about, see my blog entry:

http://faassen.n--tree.net/blog/view/weblog/2005/09/09/0

In brief, it contains the higher level query language I talked about
before, an advanced file widget, and a workflow engine.

I imagine the file widget and query language are probably lower level
than what the ECM project is all about, though that doesn't make them
less useful. The little workflow engine we wrote because we were in a
hurry to use one; we're not aiming to compete with full-blown ones that
are being worked on. It may be useful for people though in applications
that don't need the power a larger workflow system brings, and may this
way avoid some of the complexities.

Code is here:

http://codespeak.net/svn/z3/hurry/trunk/

So as not to spread out discussion over too many forums, I think for now
the best forum to discuss the hurry library is zope3-dev. (or zope3-users).

Have fun!

Regards,

Martijn