[Zope3-dev] A Call for Slaves

Benji York benji at zope.com
Mon Sep 12 08:43:48 EDT 2005

Chris Withers wrote:
> Hi Benji,
>
> Benji York wrote:
>
>> I've attached a self-extracting file with what you need to get
>> started.
>

> What is it exactly? I'm not sure I like the idea of running .exe's
> that have been emailed to me ;-)

Sorry, I thought "self-extracting" would convey my meaning.  It's a
self-extracting archive of the files necessary to get started along with
some simple instructions and an install script (batch file actually) to
do most of it for you.

>> Would you be able to run your slave(s) on a machine with a VC6 (for
>> Python 2.3) or 7 (2.4) compiler?  Do you think that is a reasonable
>> requirement for people who want to run slaves on Windows?
>
> I think it's a perfectly reasonable requirement, but raises a couple
> of questions:
>
> Where do I get either of those versions of VC++ from?

You can purchase them wherever fine Microsoft products are sold.

> Also, how can I build both 2.3 and 2.4 stuff on one machine?

Good question.  I don't know, but I think it's possible.  If we get to
that point we may have to ask Tim how he does it.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer