[Zope3-dev] RFC: Rename "principal" to "participant", my 2p ;-)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 13:53:57 EDT 2005

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>>- BUT, given that it's a big change and likely invalidates a lot of dead
>>tree material, I'd suggest we just stick with principal and be done with
>>it ;-)
>
> If that last point were the doctrine by which previous refactorings had
> to be undertaken (e.g. the refactoring of the Component Architecture),
> we would still be stuck with services and other antiquated concepts.

I'd hardly call them antiquated. I agree that early on in a project, the
freedom to change and refactor freely is great, but at some point, when
you want lots of people to adopt your project, you need to slow down and
stop making wide ranging changes unless you really really need to.

In this case, it's a largely cosmetic change that doesn't do anything
except invalidate a whole load of documentation ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk