[Zope3-dev] Re: RFC: Rename "principal" to "participant"

Steve Alexander steve at canonical.com
Wed Sep 14 09:05:50 EDT 2005

> Interesting. It looks to me like you're calling a User object what the
> CMF calls a Member.

Sure.  Does the CMF have any users who aren't members?

> Would you say that the existence of such a concept
> in PAU should make principal annotation a unnecessary, if not even
> deprecated?

I don't really see the point of principal annotation as a special thing.
 Being able to annotate things is good.  I'm not sure principals should
be a special case either way.  Can you annotate permissions?

I don't think systems should be built relying on being able to annotate
principals.  That sounds kind of implicit.  I'd rather see a first class
User concept.

--
Steve Alexander