[Zope3-dev] Re: RFC: Rename "principal" to "participant"

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Fri Sep 16 09:18:45 EDT 2005

Steve Alexander wrote:
>>Interesting. It looks to me like you're calling a User object what the
>>CMF calls a Member.
>
> Sure.  Does the CMF have any users who aren't members?

The theory is a bit hazy but the practice is quite clear: in CMF all
participants are members. The Member object is just a wrapping around the
standard User object created during authentication. This wrapping is useful
for annotations (email, last_login_time) and other indirections so that
Member properties storage is actually dealt with by another tool (the
MemberData tool).

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com