[Zope3-dev] A Call for Slaves

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 12:39:22 EDT 2005

[Tim Peters, on MS compilers]
>> As a result, nobody uses Standard editions for serious development.
>> The lowest (cheapest) level at which they include an optimizing
>> compiler is usually named the Professional edition.

[Chris Withers]
> Urg, can you provide just a link to a product name for the 6.0 and 7.0
> versions?

Sorry, I don't have spare time to search for you.  FWIW, these are the
names on the boxes I have:

    Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Professional Edition
    Microsoft Visual Studio.net Professional

The name of the latter _may_ have changed to "Visual Studio .NET 2003
Professional Special Edition" since then (I guess to distinguish it
from the upcoming Visual Studio 2005, which is still in beta).