[Zope3-dev] gadfly adapter configuration

TAHARA Yusei yusei at domen.cx
Wed Sep 28 12:33:07 EDT 2005

Hi.

At Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:56:58 +0300,
Velko Ivanov wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  > I tested gadly adapter then I got ForbiddenAttribute error.
>  >
>  > I think it may needs additional configuration to gadflyda.zcml.
>
> If you are using the UI grant tool to specify permissions for your
> principal, the problem is that ZopeConnection and ZopeCursor are not
> locatable objects and access is uncoditionally denied.
> There was a thread on that recently, plus a submission to the bug collector.

I didn't know the problem around DA and locatable, but it's very helpful
to me, thank you!

My problem is different from above mentioned. It was occured when I tested
my sql query in test form in gadfly adapter and I found a cause of problem.
I was mistaken in my last post.

When DA gets own connection object, it uses __call__ method for getting
connection directly instead of zapi.getUtility. Since DA was proxied,
connection is proxied either. As a result, GadflyAdapterConnection and
GadflyAdapterCursor have no permission declaration, then ForbiddenAttribute
occur.

Best Regards,

--
Tahara Yusei