[Zope3-dev] event fired when a principal is created

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Sep 30 04:58:47 EDT 2005

Hi there,

Right now Zope 3 fires a PrincipalCreated event when an authenticated
principal gets created. This is used among others to add groups to the
principal.

Such an event however does not appear to be fired when an
UnauthenticatedPrincipal gets fired. This makes adding groups to such a
principal not so easy.

My use case is a system that adds groups to users based on IP addresses.
I realize this is not very secure, but it's still a frequent customer
requirement (especially for viewing content).

Regards,

Martijn