[Zope3-dev] event fired when a principal is created

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Sep 30 10:11:54 EDT 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Friday 30 September 2005 04:58, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>>Such an event however does not appear to be fired when an
>>UnauthenticatedPrincipal gets fired. This makes adding groups to such a
>>principal not so easy.
>

> I think you are right. Feel free to add this feature.

Right, I will tr to look into that in the future. I have a suspicion
that the whole zope.app.authentication framework is more complicated
than it has to be part due to the requirements of the whole etc/
framework. The whole principal prefix story doesn't make life easier
either (both authentication objects as well as authenticator plugins
have support for a prefix but to make it all work you can't specify a
prefix in both places..confusing).

Anyway, while this would help me if I were developing my application
towards the trunk, I'm stuck developing against 3.1, so I will have to
devise a solution there as well, somehow...

Regards,

Martijn