[Zope3-dev] event fired when a principal is created

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Sep 30 13:27:37 EDT 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>> Stephan Richter wrote:

>>> I think you are right. Feel free to add this feature.

>> Right, I will tr to look into that in the future. I have a suspicion
>> that the whole zope.app.authentication framework is more complicated
>> than it has to be part due to the requirements of the whole etc/
>> framework.
>
> It's possible that it's too complicated, but I can't see how to
> blame site-management folders.

Okay, I was unclear. I think part of what's wrong is the UI. The
authentication story has been written a bit too much towards a UI to
configure it. This means that configuring it from Python code is a bit
harder than it should be. Anyway, I need to think about it all some more.

>  > The whole principal prefix story doesn't make life easier
>
>> either (both authentication objects as well as authenticator plugins
>> have support for a prefix but to make it all work you can't specify a
>> prefix in both places..confusing).
>
> Hm, you should be able to.  This was badly broken a few months
> ago and it was improved, but I never looked at what was done.  I guess
> I'd better do that.

Oh, then it might in fact be fixed now -- I am still working against the
beta here.

Anyway, still trying to convince the thing to swallow IP-based groups..

Regards,

Martijn