[Zope3-dev] Re: Reducing the Amount of ZCML Directives ready for review

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Sun Apr 2 01:35:46 EST 2006

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>
>>>The case of class/factory is arguable, I admit. However, there I'm just
>>>following the rule of a) defining things in Python and registering them in
>>>ZCML and b) use more basic ZCML directives, less special ones.
>
> I think we could argue the following equally well:  if you find a
> directive unuseful, *just don't use it*.

Such a practice, while allowing co-existence of different viewpoints,
hinders reuse of components among different developers.  If a pool of
independent components use different directives to accomplish the same
thing, to integrate them into my project I need to understand how most of
those directives work.

Parties ignoring differents sets of directives encourages islands of
development and henders communication.

-Jeff