[Zope3-dev] Re: eggifying zc.resourcelibrary, zc.table and others

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Wed Apr 5 10:55:38 EDT 2006

Tres Seaver wrote:

>>> Not from us.  You'd maybe get even more warm fuzzies from people by
>>> making it not require setuptools, but that limitation doesn't bother us.
>>
>> Okay, good. Warm fuzzies are nice, but I won't worry too much about that.
>
> There is some support for "kickstarting" an eggifying project.  E.g.:
>
>   $ export ZSVN=svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main
>   $ svn cp -m "Eggify" $ZSVN/productsupport/trunk/project-template \
>                        $ZSVN/zope.foopackage

Note that such a svn cp will make it quite painful to dump the repository
later on using svadmin dump and then filtering the dump using svndumpfilter
to keep only this package. (We've been bitten by that.)

I'd suggest doing instead a svn export of the project-template, then svn
import as your new package.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com