[Zope3-dev] Your best Zope (3) tricks

Tarek Ziadé tziade at nuxeo.com
Sun Apr 9 14:42:25 EDT 2006

Christian Theune wrote:

>Hi,
>
>the DZUG is preparing a fair booth on the Linux Tag and we had the idea
>of a marketing Zope a bit away from the standard. I'll be doing a
>presentation showing off Zope 3 techniques as "Dozen Dirty Tricks" (even
>though they might not be dirty in the real sense of the word, it's
>better for marketing. ;) )

Hi,
Great idea, I think quick dirty tricks are a good way to get into Zope 3

>So, I'd like to show off the good stuff you can do with Zope, without
>going into systematic details of how to learn it etc. To get the best
>tricks, I'd love if you could send me some of your most neat tricks you
>know and use all the time.
>
>Some things to get you started, that I consider neat and worth showing:
>
>- Using ZEO to scale your applications quickly
>- Using ZEO to debug your applications live
>- Using test coverage to find places in your code that are untested
>
>Got more? Tell me!

I have started a similar project, in the shape of a cookbook,
that tries to gather quick recipes in both french and english.

It is just starting, but I have also gathered a list of planned recipes,
by asking around what people would like to know about z3
in such recipes, (look in the 'planned work' section of the website)
maybe you will get  some extra ideas there ?

http://zope-cookbook.org

about the project:

  The cookbook comes in the shape of a Zope 3 package and provides
  a test script, so the Zope 3 test tools and most of code examples are
tested for real.
  It is useful for example to make sure the recipes are always up to
date with the code.

  the website just shows readable recipes, wich are marked as 'completed
draft' in all languages

  It is written in english (franglish ;) ) and french.

Cheers

Tarek

btw: writers from any language and level, if you are interested in the
project, please join ! writing recipes about zope 3 is a marvelous way
to learn it.