[Zope3-dev] RFC: The browser:page compromise

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Apr 20 12:56:38 EDT 2006

http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/TheBrowserPageCompromise

I've long been thinking about how to make <browser:page /> simpler and
less magical. Some radical ideas weren't received well and I couldn't
convince even myself 100% that they were the way to go. Other
brainstormings were dead ends.

I therefore call this proposal a compromise. It simplifies, but it
shouldn't annoy (Tres...). Note that I'm specifically only addressing
<browser:page />, not <browser:view />; nor am I coming up with a
framework for dealing with forms and their handlers (Jeff...).