[Zope3-dev] Re: RFC: The browser:page compromise

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico at yahoo.de
Thu Apr 20 20:09:33 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen schrieb:
> I also think it makes it hard to understand. In response to this
> proposal, several people have asked me "By the way, what's the
> difference between <browser:page /> and <browser:view /> anyhoo?" That
> alone has proven my point that the current system makes it absolutely
> incomprehensible of what's going on behind the scenes.

The name "browser" for a namespace sux IMHO ;)

How is a browser defined in Zope 3 and how are these names related to it?

addMenuItem
addform
containerViews
defaultSkin
defaultView
editform
form
i18n-resource
icon
layer
menu
menuItem
menuItems
page
pages
resource
resourceDirectory
schemadisplay
skin
subMenuItem
subeditform
tool
view
viewlet
viewletManager

What is a page? Is a dynamic stylesheet or a dynamic javascript or an
Atom feed a page? Does a page provide a mime_type? Should a page do
content negotiation?

Create a new clean namespace and call it user_interface (or ui)! :)

Tonico