[Zope3-dev] Re: RFC: The browser:page compromise

dev at projekt01.ch dev at projekt01.ch
Fri Apr 21 07:48:25 EDT 2006

Hi Tonico

> At some point it will be necessary to make the framework
> understandable for "normal" UI designers or we'll stick with
> ugly user interfaces forever :)

I think it's pretty clear right now. Do you really think if
soembody don't understand what a folder json or browser should
contain he ever will be able to understand what he has to do
in ZCML? (I guess this is really not a naming problem)

Do yo have a simpler naming and/or module/package structure
concept in mind? If so, is this not only a part of a project or
application like a CMS etc? Do you think UI Developers should
work out of the box with a Zope3 instance?

> >> How is a browser defined in Zope 3 and how are these names
> related to
> >> it?
>
> [...]
>
> > All of this directive are based on the IBrowserRequest.
> > Other requests like FTPRequest don't have a menu layer etc.
>
> How is a BrowserRequest different from a HTTPRequest?

A browser request offers a API for collecting browser (client)
releated informations like charset settings. This is done via the
interface IUserPreferredCharsets.

A browser request also deals with form data and collects
the given form input into a FieldStorage object. The most important
part here is that a browser request knows how to handle file upload.

The browser request is based on the http request which does the base
stuff like cookie handling etc.

Regards
Roger Ineichen