[Zope3-dev] RE: Re: RFC: The browser:page compromise

Balazs Ree ree at ree.hu
Sat Apr 22 02:29:40 EDT 2006

Hi Roger,

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 01:56:46 +0200, dev wrote:
> What I really dislike
> on the browser:page registration for macros, is, that such macros are also
> callable as traversable views rigth now. I whould like to see a different
> lookup for macros in the future.

That was one of my first annoyances, when arriving as a total newcomer to
the world of Z3. After asking a few of the smart guys, who said it is not
possible to set this the way I wanted, I came up with a workaround of
using a view class that overwrites __call__ and throws an exception from
it. I'm using this since then but I don't like workarounds (not that
it'd be such a bad one).

IMO it would be great to solve this properly, because one point of
using views is to have a fine control over what to publish and what not.
And this is a bit broken at this point, currently.

--
Balazs Ree