[Zope3-dev] Re: NAG NAG NAG (Was: Let's have a bug day -- sort of)

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Aug 11 13:48:58 EDT 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Jul 31, 2006, at 2:02 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> Let's have a bug day this Friday.
>
> So how did that go?

Riiiiight. Well, one of my server got hacked badly. I know, it's a poor
excuse, but I ended up spending my whole long weekend (the only vacation
time I had set aside for this summer) wiping the damn hard drive of that
thing and reinstalling everything from backup, instead of fixing some
bugs on Friday and spending some quality time with my li'l sisters...

I see what I can do this weekend. I'll look into 673 and see whether I
can make sense of 683.

Actually, talking about 683: I once noticed that Zope 3 is declaring
'zope' as a namespace package the setuputils way where as Zope 2 does it
the pkg_util way. I wonder which one is the one we should stick with?

> I see more blocking issues than we had before.
>
> I think Christian is going to close 574 in the 574 in the next few days.
> (I'll review it this weekend.)
>
> I think 670 is going to be deferred for lack of input.
>
> I think the remaining 3 issues don't require particularly deep expertise.
>
> You people better start fixing bugs, or else!
>
> How's that? Can I be a release manager? ;)

Yes please!

Philipp