[Zope3-dev] Re: NAG NAG NAG (Was: Let's have a bug day -- sort of)

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Aug 11 14:00:51 EDT 2006

On Aug 11, 2006, at 1:48 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>> On Jul 31, 2006, at 2:02 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>>> Let's have a bug day this Friday.
>>
>> So how did that go?
>
> Riiiiight. Well, one of my server got hacked badly. I know, it's a
> poor
> excuse, but I ended up spending my whole long weekend (the only
> vacation
> time I had set aside for this summer) wiping the damn hard drive of
> that
> thing and reinstalling everything from backup, instead of fixing some
> bugs on Friday and spending some quality time with my li'l sisters...

:)  I really wish some more people would help out -- not just the usual
suspects.

> I see what I can do this weekend. I'll look into 673 and see whether I
> can make sense of 683.

Christian seems to have a handle on this. He blames it on broken logic
in mkzopeinstance.

(I'm confident that eggs will clean up a lot of this.  I'm looking
forward to eggifying 3.4. :))

> Actually, talking about 683: I once noticed that Zope 3 is declaring
> 'zope' as a namespace package the setuputils way where as Zope 2
> does it
> the pkg_util way. I wonder which one is the one we should stick with?

I've been meaning to ask Phillip Eby about that.  I'm curious why he
wrote his
thing given pkg_util.

>> How's that? Can I be a release manager? ;)
>
> Yes please!

Great! I have perfected my nagging skills.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org