[Zope3-dev] Re: [Checkins] SVN: lovely.rating/ Initial import from Lovely Systems repository

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Aug 17 01:43:01 EDT 2006

--On 17. August 2006 01:11:44 -0400 Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com>
wrote:

> The appropriate thing here would be to remove the code which depends on
> the GPL, and then ask the foundation's permission before readding it.
> In the meanwhile, codespeak.net might provide a reasonable place from
> which to continue development of said code.

That's extremly odd. Consider the following case: I am writing a ZPLed Zope
product but include some migration shell scripts that call some common
GPLed unix programs for a particular task...I wouldn't be allowed to
checkin this
software on svn.zope.org? The advice to move the code out of the repository
is not really legitimate. Neither rules as given through the contributor
agreement nor unspoken rules were violated. Once again: using GPLed
software does not make your own ZPLed software automatically GPLed.

-aj