[Zope3-dev] Zope 2 clock server for Zope 3

Sat Aug 19 11:58:37 EDT 2006

Hello,
I've just read the release announcement for Zope 2.10b2 and there is a clock
server mentioned:

Added a "clock server" servertype which allows users to configure methods that
should be called periodically as if they were being called by a remote user
agent on one of Zope's HTTP ports. This is meant to replace wget+cron for
some class of periodic callables.

Do Zope3 have something like this? Is someone working on backporting this?

Whereas I would prefer to configure in with ZCML directive and not in
zope.conf.

Regards,

Florian