[Zope3-dev] ZSCP - was: lovely.rating/ Initial importfrom Lovely Systems repository

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Sat Aug 19 14:26:03 EDT 2006

Hi Philipp,Lennart and Fred

[...]
>  There are a options to consider:
>
> - The Python Package Index (PyPI) has framework categories.
> I thought Jim had requested one for Zope 3, but I see only
> Paste and TurboGears in the currently published list.  We can
> get the appropriate category added to PyPI and use that for
> browsing the available Zope 3 component offerings.  This
> would also make Zope 3 activity visible to the rest of the
> Python community.
>
> - There's a mostly-ignored Zope 3 wiki on dev.zope.org that
> could be used more effectively.  Adding a page to act as a
> catalog of what's available is straightforward and keeps the
> barrier to entry low.  This doesn't offer the visibility or
> other features that PyPI offers, however.

We really should use the proposed ZSCP process for that.
We put allready many hours into the development of a
very nice website which includes a overview of the packages
under the ZSCP process control located in svn.zope.org

See the attached screenshots...

see for more info:
svn.zope.org/repos/main/zf.zscp/trunk/src/zf/zscp/README.txt

Regards
Roger Ineichen
END OF MESSAGE