[Zope3-dev] Re: zope.webdav

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Wed Aug 23 17:08:24 EDT 2006

On Aug 23, 2006, at 4:56 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

> Michael Kerrin wrote:
>> I have just added a new implemation of WebDAV to svn.zope.org
>
> You rock!

Yeah, I look forward to looking at this too. :-)  Thanks, Michael!

> ...I also see that it uses zope.locking for the locking. How is that
> different from zope.app.locking?

As far as ZC is concerned, it replaces it.  It learns from
zope.app.locking, while cleaning up and adding various features.  See
the the fine manual (README.txt) for details, as usual.

> Is zope.app.locking actually maintained
> or just another case for the fall cleaning?

Fall cleaning, as far as ZC concerned (and ZC originally contributed
zope.app.locking).

Gary