[Zope3-dev] Too many dependencies in zope.decorator

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Thu Aug 24 07:32:06 EDT 2006

Hi,

ZODB with Blobs uses zope.proxy. Recently I discovered that due to a
refactoring, the semantics of a proxy have significantly changed and a
new concept of a "decorator" was born.

ZODB with Blobs needs the ability of a "specification decorator".
However, the zope.decorator depends also on zope.security, which in
turns depends on many other things that depend on even more things. I
didn't look up the final list, but as it's more than just one thing, I
consider it to be too much for inclusion with ZODB.

Would it be possible to split up the modules of zope.decorator in two,
so ZODB could use the specification decorator without depending on the
security decorator?

Christian