[Zope3-dev] z3c - be or not to be

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Aug 27 12:53:33 EDT 2006

Roger Ineichen wrote at 2006-8-25 18:27 +0200:
>The reason why;
>We really have no time to do this in the next couple of
>month. And the option sombody else doing it is also *NO*
>option because we have allready productive projects build
>on this libraries and have no time to migrate them for
>nothing. Yes renaming the z3c namspace whould technicaly
>possible, but for me(us) it's just a waist of time right
>now. Could be that I will change my mind in the future
>but not in the next couple of months.

I have no opinion on namespaces (especially, whether or not
"z3c" should be renamed).

But technically, it would be extremely easy:

  If nothing else would change than the top level name,
  then a single module alias (e.g. "sys.modules['z3c'] = zorg")
  would suffice to let all existing software work as before.

--
Dieter