[Zope3-dev] zope3 instance with no zodb

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sat Dec 2 04:30:46 EST 2006

Hi All,

I remember Shane asking this a while ago and seem to remember the answer
was "no", but I'm hoping that's changed.

Is it possible to have a Zope 3 instance that has no zodb backing at all?

I've been mocking up an app, currently in Zope 2, and have ended up
using PostGresSQL as the data store (haven't done an rdb app in ages,
foreign key constraints are nice, etc) and it occurred to me that with
sqlalchemy, zsqlalchemy and some views that I don't actually need a zodb.

Is this possible?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk