[Zope3-dev] Re: WORKFLOW: Notes on WFMC and XPDL

Marlon Dumas m.dumas at qut.edu.au
Sun Dec 17 20:13:22 EST 2006

Peter Mayne <PeterMayne <at> ap.spherion.com> writes:

> The engine is written in Java. The previous version didn't have
> persistence, which is a bit of a problem for a workflow engine. I added
> it (using Hibernate) and gave the code to them, but I don't know if
> they've incorporated it into the latest version of the engine.

Yes, your initial implementation of persistence in YAWL using Hibernate was
subsequently improved and it has been part of the YAWL engine for the last
couple of years. Note that YAWL is now being used in "production" or "advaced
pilot" by at least two companies. This should give some assurance that YAWL now
has all the essential features to develop real applications on top of it.

marlon