[Zope3-dev] RE: [SpringCleaning07]

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Tue Dec 19 09:25:44 EST 2006

Hi

> Subject: Re: [Zope3-dev] RE: [SpringCleaning07]

> - zope.app.demo
>
> This is a really tricky one. The point of the package is to collect
> demonstration code and the point of it living in zope.app is
> that it will
> always work. But does it belong here? I do not know. What do
> others think?

I vote for remove this package from the core.

> - zope.app.styleguide
>
> This package contains Zope 3 coding style conventions, but I
> am not sure it is
> used as the canonical source for the conventions. I think the
> Wiki is more
> central. I know Roger put a lot of time into the package, so
> maybe we can put
> the information not contained in the wiki there and then
> remove the package.

I'm fine with removing this package from the distribution
and copy the content into a wiki.

> I'll note that the removal of several of the zope.app.*
> packages means a
> further distancing from TTW, offering the casual newscomer
> even less to look
> at. I am okay with this direction, but others might object
> strongly. This
> should really be brought up on zope3-users or other
> high-level mailing lists.

I think we should find maintainers for every package or a
bunch of them and cleanup strictly all other parts.
Perhaps this will give us a positive sideeffect in fixing
bugs.

Perhaps it's realy time that the zope foundation give us
a OK to implement the ZSCP process. If we whould have
such a process we shouldn't have a problem with unmentained
packages in the future.

Regards
Roger Ineichen