[Zope3-dev] Launchpad - use it for more than just bug tracking?

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Dec 19 15:43:28 EST 2006

Me again,

I've been playing around with the launchpad sandboxes and am pretty
impressed by the features for managing specifications, doing release
planning and getting all those things integrated.

I'd like to propose that we think about using more of the launchpad
infrastructure than just the bug tracker.

Currently there is some data from an earlier effort, mainly the people
maintaining the Zope 3 translations that would have to be cleaned up
IMHO (e.g. the project should be called "Zope" and the products would be
"Zope 3" and maybe later "ZODB" and the others and the releases should
be rename. This might require some admin interaction from Canonical but
they were very helpful answering my questions while I was playing with
launchpad.)

Specifically I'd love to use:

- blueprint, the feature planning system (pretty much what we do with
  proposals today)
- managing our products and their releases and milestones integrated
  with the feature planning and bug tracking

I haven't looked at the support functionality yet.

Christian