[Zope3-dev] Re: [SpringCleaning07]

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Dec 19 16:23:01 EST 2006

Stephan Richter wrote:
[snip]
> Overall, I think the first step would be to agree on a common set of UI
> patterns.

 From what you say below I don't think we'll be able to do that very
soon. :) I think we should agree to disagree for now and just see
whoever gets to an admin UI first (or best).

> I know that our UI patterns are very formal and an overhead, if you
> do both, Python view code and templating, but we also have achieved some very
> old design goals.

I am not capable of weighing the benefit of reaching those old design
goals compared to the cost of the formality and overhead, but the words
"formality and overhead" worry me a lot, especially when they come from
you, as you seem to be more capable of dealing with such overhead than I
am. :) I am of the strong opinion that Zope 3 would do well to move
*away* from development overhead for a while. This is what we're trying
to do with Grok.

By the way, I'm quite interested in seeing whether we can integrate
Genshi into Zope 3 and Grok as a templating language. It has some
interesting ways to do things, and there's quite a bit of momentum
behind it.

Regards,

Martijn