[Zope3-dev] Is there an alternative to zdaemon?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Dec 22 17:23:38 EST 2006

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 05:04:37PM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Sascha Ottolski wrote:
> >And the python coded Supervisor2 made by Chris McDonough
> >http://www.plope.com/software/supervisor2/
>
> This is interesting.

We've been using supervisor (previous version) for all our zope
applications for a year or so. Works as advertised, pretty easy to set
up.

At my previous job, we used daemontools, which was OK, except we never
found a solution to the problem of "I want to get email notifications
when the system is restarting unexpectedly, but I don't want my mail
to get a DOS attack when the system can't start successfully so it
keeps restarting forever".

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com