[Zope3-dev] RFC: Local Component Management Simplification

Dominik Huber dominik.huber at perse.ch
Fri Feb 3 08:00:16 EST 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Dominik Huber wrote:
>
>> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>
>>> One issue with subscribers currently is that ZCML subscriber directives
>>> can't be overridden.  We need a fix for this.
>>
>> In my understanding this usecase is covered by the new
>> implementation, isn't it?
>
> What new implementation?

The proposed interface IComponentRegistry says:

def unregisterSubscriptionAdapter(factory=None, adapts=None,
provides=None, name=u''):
    """Register a subscriber factory
    factory
        This is the object used to compute the adapter. The
        factory can be None, in which case any factories
        registered to implement the given provided interface
        for the given required specifications with the given
        name are unregistered.
    """
I thougt the planned component registry implementation covers that use
case in principle, doesn't it?

Regards,
Dominik