[Zope3-dev] My Experiences using Interface invariants with Formlib

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Fri Feb 3 13:19:05 EST 2006

On Feb 3, 2006, at 1:11 PM, Stephan Richter wrote:

> On Wednesday 01 February 2006 08:41, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>> I built such a password + confirmation widget for the Document
>> Library
>> application we've been working on. It would not be difficult at
>> all to
>> put this in the hurry library for others to use. Or maybe it
>> should go
>> in Zope3's codebase?
>>
>> I'll put that on my todo list :)
>
> We really have to figure out, how we want to support such high-
> level widgets
> and other code. After having talked to the Plone people and have
> talked to
> Roger again this week, I am realizing we need a solution. And all
> parties
> want one. Any ideas? A Zope 3 collective? Of course I would like to
> enforce
> the license (ZPL) and control the quality, both of which are not
> done in the
> Plone collective.
>
> Thoughts?

That's what the Zope Foundation is supposed to be--and the zope.org
repository is to be the Zope Foundation's repository AIUI.  We're
adding projects with that understanding.

Of course, what you are proposing is exactly what Zope 3 base is, I
believe.

I'd like to think that the Zope Foundation would make those splinters
less desirable.

Gary