[Zope3-dev] Three new Zope Corp packages now developed on zope.org

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Sun Feb 5 14:35:25 EST 2006

On Feb 5, 2006, at 10:41 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 January 2006 14:10, Gary Poster wrote:
>> zope.locking: a replacement for zope.app.locking that provides
>> additional features while learning from the zope.app.locking
>> strengths and weaknesses.
>
> Could we deprecate zope.app.locking and move the code to zope.locking?

+1 with deprecating zope.app.locking and using zope.locking.

Move what code?  Dependents like zope.app.externaleditor?

BTW, on a somewhat related note, if anyone wants some of the zc.*
code to be moved into Zope proper (maybe even just the zope.*
namespace, and not the project itself), don't assume that the release
as a zc.* package means we're against that.  Keeping the zc.*
namespace was the easiest thing to do, and did not demand refactoring
our software, refactoring the core, or making a proposal.  If someone
wants to champion it and do the work (well, obviously not refactoring
our software, but providing a generation to compensate for the name
change and whatever else happened), propose it.

Gary