[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-Users] Selecting a code name

Rob Jeschofnik rejj at automagic.org
Tue Feb 7 05:39:11 EST 2006

Stephan Richter wrote:

> Okay, I am giving in on this. There is a three step process that will have to
> be fullfilled to assign a codename to the Zope 3.3 release.

Surely codenames are only really useful or meaningful for software that
is going to be branded, but the marketing/branding teams haven't yet
come up with the brand? You need some way to describe the project, so
you use a codename until the real name and brand have been decided upon.

We've already got "Zope 3" .. I don't really see any need to start using
codenames.
Unless, of course, people just want to feel cool by saying "I'm
currently working on Glubberzortlet" or whatever.

rob